Google+
Rip One Golf- Golf Instruction, Golf Coaching, Golf Classes and Golf Lessons in Austin, TX

Garry Rippy Golf offers golf lessons, golf coaching, golf instruction, golf classes and golf schools in Austin, TX. This blog contains golf instruction articles, golf tips and golf instruction videos by Garry Rippy, PGA.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

My Favorite Golf Books

Now that we are all approaching fireplace weather (yes, even in Texas) I thought I would introduce a few of my favorite golf books for off season reading. 

As you can see, there is not much here as far as hard core instruction.  The Five Fundamentals is instruction based and as a former assistant golf professional at Shady Oaks in Fort Worth, I probably read this book 20 times. I base a great deal of my instruction on these fundamentals. The Inner Game of Golf is the first book I read regarding the mental side of the game and I still utilize some of the concepts discussed.

Most are "feel good" books that provide a little history and instruction but not in a clinical format.  They are stories first and you might learn a little about the game as you go.





















No comments: