Google+
Rip One Golf- Golf Instruction, Golf Coaching, Golf Classes and Golf Lessons in Austin, TX

Garry Rippy Golf offers golf lessons, golf coaching, golf instruction, golf classes and golf schools in Austin, TX. This blog contains golf instruction articles, golf tips and golf instruction videos by Garry Rippy, PGA.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

You can Become a Better Putter!

I use many tools to help my students improve their putting.  I found this particular training aid about six months ago and I absolutely love it.  It's the TPM (True Pendulum Motion) from IXIA Sports.

The tool attaches to your putter and the two "arms" run on top of your forearms and under the arm pits.  You grip it from underneath the adjustable arms and you are now locked it to great putting.  It allows the stroke to be shoulder driven and the device will not allow the hands to take over.  I find it really helps with improving your path, putter face and stroke rhythm.

After using the tool for several minutes, you can remove it and it is amazing how you can still feel the same stroke.  With a little practice you can replicate the same feel and you will putt better (I know because I use the tool weekly).

This is my student Lee S. using the TPM.  This is only one of several putts he made during the lesson. 

If you would like to improve your putting, let's set up a lesson and we will not only use this tool but the many others I use from Eyeline Golf, the number one training tools on the PGA TOUR.



Great putting never gets old!

No comments: